Monday, January 16, 2012

Breaking News

We're not moving! Yes, folks, you heard that right, my family and I do NOT have to ever move out of this house if we don't want to. My grandfather has bought the house. Yeah. I definitely intend to ask him how much the monthly mortgage is, so I know what I'll be contributing to when I start earning an income. And as for my own questions about why he would take out a mortgage this late in life, this move just proves to me that he really does believe he won't die - my granddad believes that Jesus will return for his followers before it's his time to die. And honestly, given both his bloodlines, he could easily live until 101 so long as his cancer stays in remission. He's a healthy, active man and the family lines on both his parents' sides have had long lives. There are still thousands of unreached peoples, but if the church gets mobilized, who knows? It might actually happen! Jesus might come back before my granddad dies. Then a mortgage won't really matter, haha.

For right now, this is pretty exciting for me and my mom. We've held off on doing major changes to this house for the past several years because we thought that one day it wouldn't be ours anymore - we were just renters. But now that we're owners... well, suffice it to say that there is already a list, haha. My sister and I both want to start a garden in our backyard, so that'll be something to do over spring break, maybe. And I want to rearrange all the furniture in my room, get rid of a bunch of stuff (we're still doing the über spring cleaning), and paint my walls a different color (they've been the same lavender color since we moved in in '04; it's nice, but I'm ready for a change). And my mom is kind of an intuitive interior designer, so she's brainstorming for other rooms. All in all, this news has relieved a lot of stress and energized us.

In other news, I'm having the hardest time staying up in the mornings. I don't really have anything to do, like class, so there's not much incentive to stay awake. But I don't want to sleep until 1:30 everyday, either! Any suggestions for ways to stay up until I wake up? Other than caffeine, please. :)

1 comment:

  1. To stay awake:
    Pray for people
    Exercise/Training
    Phone calls
    Job search
    Read a wiki article on a subject you know little to nothing about for the sake of comprehending it
    etc.

    ReplyDelete

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...