Monday, January 23, 2012

Photoshop and Other Difficult Things

     I know I'm not very good at drawing and painting and such; writing and photography are more my speed. I downloaded a 30-day free trial of Photoshop the other day to try and add a little something to one of my drawings. After spending several hours toying around, being confused, watching tutorials, and so on, I FINALLY managed to accomplish what I was going for. It wound up looking terrible, but it was my first ever venture in Photoshop, so I didn't let it discourage me.
     Turns out Photoshop is fantastic for manipulating photos (go figure, right?). I've been manipulating a lot of my pictures and I've gotten some great results out of it. But when I try to be artistic with some of them, I'm completely stymied. Bringing out some colors but not touching the rest of the picture and creating effects in one spot but not others are the 2 things that vex me most so far. I should probably go finish watching the tutorials for beginners, but I just need a break from all things Photoshop for a while, haha. So I'm blogging.

     Aside from my Photoshop woes, I'm trying to develop the discipline of writing on command and actually completing what I start. One of my friends randomly gave me a writing prompt (told me to write something fun about the child version of a TV character), and I actually enjoyed writing something that hadn't come from some random, adventurous scene my mind created. So, I'm asking you my readers for prompts! What should I write about?
     That's actually a pretty good question to ask for other things, too. Prompts for photo and drawing subjects  would be appreciated, too. (I draw in abstract, though; actual people and objects don't turn out well.)

     As far as music goes, I'm still going through a bunch of music on my flash drive. It's tiring, going through all that music. (First world pains, I know.) But hopefully once I have everything in my library, I can buckle down and make new playlists. Preferably before my strength training class actually starts working out - it's much more enjoyable if I have music. The teacher's nice, but he talks a lot, and it's usually not important. (I've taken the class before. I'm taking it again because one of my roommates is taking it and it's a good way to tone up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...