Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'

So, we're moving in the next couple weeks. Found out yesterday, haha. Well, we've known we might be moving for a couple months, but that wheel just kicked it into third gear yesterday.

We've known the owner of this house was planning to sell sometime "soon," so my mom has been looking at apartments and such while I and my sister have been away at school. There's one place that's still in our part of town and has townhouses that are comparable in size to our house, so it won't be too much of a downsize. My mom loves it and she's made that known to the office folk there.

Something to know about townhouses: They go FAST. And they don't go on the market often - when people get a townhouse, they keep it indefinitely. So you have to be watching diligently and have a bit of luck on your side.

Which apparently we do! Because a 3-bedroom townhouse, exactly what we were hoping for, opened up in this community my mom loves. It's going to be ready for show in 7-10 days, at which point we can go through the formality of seeing it and claiming it. In the mean time, we are packing, packing, packing! My mom is kind of stressed about it; change is never easy, and packing up an entire house (plus attic) is pretty daunting. But we've got some boxes to start us off, and we're just going to take it a room at a time. We'll probably have both locations - the townhouse and this house - at the same time for a brief period, so that takes a little bit of the pressure off. (We can hold off on moving beds and other large furniture.)

Personally, I'm excited. I like organizing and this is gonna be like a MASSIVE spring cleaning, because we're going through everything. :D With enough boxes, I think I could pack up my entire room in 2-3 days. (Of course, I still have stuff at Samford. But I'm used to packing those things.) Plus, I have a ton of stuff I want to either sell or give away. I kind of wish I had an e-reader, though; it would make the choice on which books to store and which to keep out much easier. *shrug* Oh well. I'll deal.

But yeah! That's what's up. If anyone's got any boxes, I'd sure like to get my hands on 'em. :) And bubble wrap. We're also after bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...