Saturday, January 4, 2020

20 Things for 2020

Catchy vision-casting post, engage.

Hyperspace from the Falcon's cockpit



While I may not be much of one for New Year's Resolutions, I do like to think ahead and fantasize about what might be accomplished in the coming year. Because coming up with 20 things was challenging, I decided to divide up my thinking across the 8 dimensions of wellness.

https://cpr.bu.edu/living-well/eight-dimensions-of-wellness/

  1. Ask for help more.
  2. Get a travel card. I want to go abroad, and racking up travel points is a great way to make that happen.
  3. Read what I have. Definitely guilty of buying more books when I still have almost an entire shelf of unread books. Maybe this will be the year I read those books, instead of buying more.
  4. Stay consistent with paying off student loans. It's a marathon, and slowing down just drags out the misery.
  5. Make friends here. This looks to be a year of settling down somewhat, which means it's time to put down a few roots and make some friendships outside the workplace.
  6. Host a game or movie night. Something I've wanted to do for a while, and just haven't done. (Not solo, anyway.)
  7. Pray more. I've never done this consistently. But it makes a difference in me when I do it, so I'd like to actually, you know, do it.
  8. Read my Bible more. And listen to what it's saying.
  9. Get faster at documentation. I have a few ideas for how to speed up my process, they just require a little prep work. (Obviously the repetition goes a long way, but even faster would be even better.)
  10. Get to work. Find something I truly care about in the profession, and put actual effort into making it better.
  11. Cook more. I'd love to add 10 new recipes to my repertoire this year, so I can keep myself alive and in decent health.
  12. Drink more water. It's not that I don't like water, I just really really struggle to make myself drink it regularly.
  13. Explore nearby. There are some amazing sights around here, and I'd like to actually go see them at some point. Plus it gets me outside.
  14. Take more pictures. I've got this great camera that I hardly ever use.
  15. Learn how to take good DSLR pictures, manually. That fancy camera takes even better pictures when I set the parameters myself! Just gotta learn/remember how to do that...
  16. Find a sewing class. Online or in-person, I am so tired of spending 90% of my time trying to figure out how to interpret patterns or instructions, and then making them happen.
  17. Grow edible food this Spring/Summer. I've grown things before, but they weren't very good. Not gonna stop me from trying again, though!
  18. Organize my craft closet. It's like a bomb went off...
  19. Put up my wall art. They're just gathering dust, while my walls look so boring.
  20. Display my knickknacks. We've all got them. Little trinkets that we collect from experiences, friendships, and hobbies. They may take up space, but they help me feel grounded.

Do you see anything that's been on your mind to do this year? If not, what's something else you're hoping to accomplish in the next 12 months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...