Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Winds

Hello, all. As you can see, this is a blog (and I am Captain Obvious). And this is my first post! Yaaaaay. The blog will mostly be for keeping my friends updated on what's going on in my life, I think. Which right now consists of my senior thesis and martial arts.

I've finished writing the vast majority of my senior thesis paper, excepting only the conclusion. Which I will write once I've read through what I have and figure out what the heck I've been saying, haha. (It's difficult to maintain a train of thought when progress is stop-and-go.) Then I'll make the first round of edits! Hopefully tonight, so I can make another round of edits tomorrow. And another the next day. Until I can turn in my final draft on Thursday. :)

Also in school-related news, we got our take-home final for German Lit today. Doesn't look too bad, just time consuming. And I'm really glad it's a take home and we can use all our notes and stuff, because I would FAIL if we couldn't. Waaaaay too much information to remember everything, haha. But it should go well if I pace myself. :) I'll probably pick away at it during the week, then knock it out once my thesis is turned in. Then I gotta memorize my poem for class (an epic Marxist poem that's calling for the proles to rise up). I'm excited about that one. :)

Tonight is the first section of my test for shodan (first degree black belt), too!! One of my friends at the Huntsville dojo gave me some great advice: just zone out and let your body do what it needs to do to keep you safe. Exactly what I needed to hear, because I always default toward overthinking rather than simply doing. And I know that things fall into place much more easily when I get out of my own way. :)

Anyway, I'm gonna go read through my paper, eat dinner, and head out to the dojo. :) Just wanted to post a little update!

PS - It's December and around 70 degrees, maybe high-60s. What's up with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...