Friday, December 23, 2011

I don't have a clever title for this

   The reason why I haven't updated in a while is because I'm busy doing all the nothing I couldn't do while I was in school. No, seriously. I'm sleeping until noon most days, spending 2-3 hours on Facebook (or the computer in general), occasionally chipping away at my Christmas shopping list, reading a couple books, and, of course, training on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Turns out when I don't want to escape what I'm supposed to be doing,  I have less incentive to blog. Go figure.

   I got my grade on my senior thesis back: 88. :) I always feel like this professor gives my papers exactly what they deserve. I thought I did a good job, but not good enough for an A. (At the same time, I don't think I could've done much more.) I'm happy with the grade, and I got an A in the class, so it's all dandy! :)

   Samford sent out an email to seniors a couple weeks ago with a link to a website that has a set of assessments you can take and you can take notes on where you need to improve academically and what your goals are and all that jazz. It's designed to help you decide what to do in the way of careers. So, I took all the assessments (they were relatively short, probably because there were 5 of them) and kept coming up with careers that are either civil engineering or require that skill set. Apparently I'm decently suited for that area. There were a couple careers that really stood out to me. I think one was a book editor (no engineering there, haha), one was a landscaping architect, and one was.... something else I forgot. But those 3 sounded so amazing that I would be willing to go back to school to get the degree I need to do those jobs. Of them all, book editing is probably the one I could get to in the least amount of time. Maybe I should start looking for internships for that... Oh man, if I could be a proofreader, that would be awesome!! I'd get to read all those books AND correct typos and errors! :D
   Anyway, I need to get on the ball on updating my resume, too. I have one, but even I know it's crap. One of my friends, though, has gotten compliments from recruiters about her resume. She gave me permission to model mine after hers, which is on her website. So there's that.

   Those books I'm reading? One that I started was Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan. It's book 6 in the Wheel of Time series. I'm not sure if I'm past the prologue yet or not - I wasn't paying attention, lol. But I don't think I'll be coming back to it for a while, anyway. See, I met up with one of my best friends yesterday at Barnes & Noble, and she suggested some books for me. Both are Christian books, and not terribly long (compared to what I've been reading). The first is a book about dreams; I don't dream often, but I had one a couple weeks ago that was oddly clear and, even stranger, I remember it clearly. That dream was one of the (relatively) many I had in 2 consecutive nights. The other book, and the one I'm reading right now, is called The Bravehearted Gospel by Eric Ludy. You can read the description of it here, if you scroll down to the Book Description. I've only read the foreword and the first couple chapters, but it's amazing so far. I can easily see this book being a way for God to rock my world and change my heart and life. I'm excited. :)

   Alright, that's all I got. Merry Christmas everyone! And if I don't post again before New Year's, then Happy New Year, too! Go with God.



(Okay, I lied, just a couple videos, then I'm done.)

If this speech doesn't move you, then I don't know what will.


And, because it's so exciting, the official trailer for The Hobbit. You know you want to watch this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...