Friday, December 9, 2011

Je ne sais pas

Yesterday was a blast. Work went well and I was able to use all that time to finish writing my thesis paper and send it to Jess for proofreading. Walking out of work and toward the Caf, I saw a LifeSouth donation bus thing, and knew I had to honor my Facebook promise (from April, after the tornadoes hit) to donate blood. So I went and ate lunch and went through the whole process of donating. I still don't like the idea of it. It was about as bad as I figured it would be, but most of that was because of the "unknown" factor. Now that I know the process, I'd be less averse to donating again. I still hate needles, though.

Had a pretty chill afternoon. Didn't do too much, since everything was pretty much done and I was gonna do my take-home final and poem this weekend. I got to talking with Tucker (my sensei) on Facebook and he gave some good advice on what to eat to keep me from passing out in training, haha. Which meant I actually had to go eat something of substance in the Caf, instead of soup or ramen. Which means I didn't get out on the road at my usual 5pm, because the Caf doesn't open until 5pm. Which wasn't going to be a big deal, anyway, I guess. If the other shodan candidate showed up, I'd be sitting there most of the time, helping to evaluate his shodan test. If he didn't, then I wasn't going to be training hard anyway, if at all, since I'd donated blood. (It had been over 4 hours, but still. Just playing it safe.) *shrug* I'm just really big on getting there early, haha.

Our last shodan candidate did show up. Details on how that went can be found here.

I didn't have any classes today, which means I got to sleep in, and I get to spend the day working on my take-home final. :) Sounds gross, but I don't mind it, and it'll be out of the way for the weekend, which shall be devoted to [briefly] studying for my Sociology of Deviance exam and memorizing my German poem. Which is frikkin awesome. It's a Marxist author's call for the oppressed workers to rise up. >:D

So yeah! This weekend's looking pretty awesome and chill. My two extra goals are to watch Men Who Stare at Goats and to read The Giver. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...