Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cilybebyll

Hello, all. :) I couldn't think of a post title, so I just kept clicking "random article" on Wikipedia. Here's the corresponding article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilybebyll


The new job is going well. It's fast-paced, so I don't get bored and stare at the clock. The people I'm working with are helpful and friendly, which is always a plus; even our customers have been friendly so far, even though there almost always seems to be a massive line. I get a free meal every shift I work, which is awesome, because I really do love the food we sell. And, I haven't gotten my paycheck yet (Friday, baby!!), but apparently we start off making $8-something. Which probably doesn't sound like much, but it's incredible to me; every other job I've worked so far has paid minimum wage ($7.25). So I'm excited to be making a little more money! :)

All our hours are going to be in flux these first couple weeks, until we get the hang of how things run and get a feel for what shifts work best for whom. Thursday-Saturday I worked morning shifts, from open until just before dinner rush. I think this week will start off with evening shifts. Which is nice, it gives me time to sleep in, but I hope when things settle down I won't be working a lot of nights. Or at least get to choose which nights I do work. I hate having to miss training. :/

Speaking of training, there's a seminar coming up this weekend that I get to go to! Only for one day, but that's better than nothing. It's going to cover really modern self-defense training, and the guy teaching it is a friend I haven't seen in a long time. Plus, it's in Birmingham, which means I can see all my friends again. :) I'm spending the night in town, too, so I can hang out and then get breakfast with some other friends I haven't seen in over a year.

I finished Crown of Swords a few days ago, and I'll probably pick up the next one (Path of Daggers) tonight or tomorrow. I wanted to wait until I settled in my job a bit before adding another time-sucker. I'm no longer preoccupied with the newness of it, and I'm starting to get those cravings again. Plus, I get the day off tomorrow. So, a late night of enthusiastic reading may be in store for me. :)

Also, as a random side note, I highly suggest Purity Bear Claw ice cream. Dark chocolate ice cream, Denali caramel, and chocolate covered cashews. So yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...