Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday Monday

Happy Monday, everyone!

It's the start of another week full of opportunities. The excitement and anticipation is almost enough to make going back to work/school worth it! :D (Of course, I have the day off. We don't get Good Friday off; we can only get one day and this way, no one has to travel back to school on Easter Sunday.)

I discovered that my dear old SLR camera suffers from a light leak. This explains why a band of light shows up on some of my negatives. I took my camera with me when I bought more film and dropped some off for developing. The guy running the store said the foam that's supposed to keep the light out had almost completely disappeared, just dried out and blown away over the years. Luckily, another guy at the store said he knows someone who repairs cameras as a hobby (for money), and he gave me this man's name and number. I'm going to call him up today to see if he can do anything for me, or at least meet me and check out my camera. It's an old thing, but I like it a lot, and I want to be able to keep using it.

My first real post to the other blog was a little rough. It's quickly becoming clear to me that blogging about something I care about and want to represent well is going to take work. I'm fine when it comes to an analytic research paper, but writing a blog post that keeps reader interest? Ha. Well, practice practice practice. :) And I got some good advice from a friend who has good blog posts (when he posts), as well as some resources for more tips. I'll try to put some of them into practice Wednesday.

So... I went and saw The Hunger Games for the midnight premier. And then two more times this weekend, once on Friday with one group of friends and once on Saturday with another group. Unless someone pays for me, there's no way I'm going to the theaters for it again! Tickets are so expensive. :( But, the movie is still great after 3 viewings. And each time I watch it, I'm able to look at it from a different angle, which keeps things interesting. I got some music out of the 2 extra viewings, too: a remix of "Seven Nation Army" that plays during the GI Joe: Retaliation trailer, and the 4 notes for Rue's and Katniss's mockingjay signals (which of course I tried to play on my ukulele). Yay, for music!!

In other nerdy news, I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender again. They have the whole series on Netflix instant. It's such a great show. It's funny and light, but also has a lot of wisdom woven into the characters and what they say. Even the intro to the show is meaningful if you listen: "Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire nation attacked. Only the avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them..." Elements in balance, pride pushing one nation (element) to disrupt the balance, the only one who can restore balance is the avatar, reincarnated master of all 4 elements... Makes you think.

And with that, I wish you well on your journey into the new week! You've already completed one day!! :D

(Easter post coming later. I wanted to get this up relatively close to the "Monday" time limit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Curtain: The Other Story

My previous post was an exercise in acknowledging all of the space I'm in. The fact that I have some consistent themes to my internal (a...